Once you have created a forum, set the due dates, and linked to a content area, there are a few additional tasks you may need to complete as you manage the forum. These tasks include changing the location of the forum on the discussion board page, navigating threads and messages, searching for particular messages, and compiling threads and messages. As you perform these tasks, it is very important to be aware of whether you are working at the thread or message level.
Points to Remember
- Move the current forum to the top of the Discussion Board so that students can find it easily.
- If you want to review posts after reading them, you should flag them or mark them as unread.
- Collect a thread or all threads in a forum to view them all at once or to print them.
- Use Search options to find posts by object, date, or author.
- Use Display options to filter messages by status.
- In addition to the tasks demonstrated in the video, you click on any column heading to sort threads by that column. By default, threads are sorted by date.
Continue to next page for tutorial and instructions.